Thrive deliver a wide range of professional development in relation to all aspects of SEND, Mental Health and Well-being and challenging behaviour.
We deliver programmes for School Centred Initial Teacher Training for a number of outstanding providers.
Our training has been delivered to thousands of professionals and designed based on feedback and expertise. Our feedback is from schools is only ever excellent. In fact, you’ll ask us to come back for more when we’ve finished!
All training is delivered based specifically on the needs of your school or setting and is not generically delivered.
We provide whole school training sessions for inset days, half days or as a twilight and also host pre-arranged training programmes at a central hub.
Packages can be arranged at short notice and to suit your budget and needs.
Some standard Training courses available –
- Understanding Origins of Behaviour & how to manage it – this course is designed to give participants the opportunity to develop skills in recognising causal factors behind challenging behaviour in children. This will include recognising our own behaviour as adults and how this may create either negative or positive responses, strategies to manage this and altering our tolerance levels.
- Managing a challenging class – this course is designed to give participants the opportunity to develop their skills to deal with a challenging class, identify strategies to create a positive learning environment and build their resilience to manage challenging situations.
- Supporting Mental Health in a learning environment – this interactive course will introduce participants to gaining a better understanding of what mental health is, how it may display in a classroom environment, when to have concerns, and strategies to support good mental health.
- Supporting Anxiety in Children – This half day course will support staff in identifying behaviours in a classroom that may be anxiety related and what strategies to implement to support and evidence this.
- Snapshot – ADHD and its impact – This workshop will give delegates an up to date snapshot of ADHD, what it is, how to spot the signs and how to appropriately manage it within a classroom environment.
- Snapshot – ASD and its impact – This workshop will give delegates an up to date snapshot of ASD, what it is, how to spot the signs and how to appropriately manage it within a classroom environment.
- Snapshot – Attachment and its impact – This workshop will give delegates an up to date snapshot of Attachment Disorders, what it is, how to spot the signs and how to appropriately manage it within a classroom environment.
- Snapshot Bundle – This course combines the above snapshot courses into one day, and will also discuss recognising children that may display more than one condition.
- Exclusion Guidance – This workshop aims to give the most up to date information and guidance available on Government exclusion policy and how this impacts practice in schools.
- Managing Conflict with Parents – A half day which will offer a toolkit to delegates in managing, nurturing and building relationships with difficult and hard to reach parents.
- Positive Behaviour Management Training – This course is supported by the Codes of Practice. Behaviour training with the main focus on school and classroom behaviour management (Behaviour for Learning / Teaching and Learning)
- Anti-bullying – bespoke policy and training linked to government guidance
- SEND – bespoke policy and legislation training and guidance
- Dyslexia Screening
- Positive Parenting Programme – Triple P